We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always strictly followed guidelines from the CDC, American Dental Association and the Minnesota Board of Dentistry in how we provide care to our patients. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see several changes, as we are focusing on keeping everyone who enters the office safe. First, you have been contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone to review a series of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
STEPS WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Please call the office from your vehicle when you arrive.
- We will repeat the health questionnaire and let you know when we are ready for you to enter the building to ensure social distancing.
- ALL persons entering the office are required to wear a mask. Please place your mask on before entering the building.
- When you enter the building, there is a station for hand sanitizing to be used upon entry.
- If you do not have a mask, masks are provided at the hand sanitizing station.
- If there are forms to complete, we will send them to you via text or email to complete on your phone or device. If you do not have a phone with this capability, we have wipeable forms and signature pads available at the front desk that are disinfected between each patient.
- A team member will greet you and bring you directly to your treatment room.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED:
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL persons entering the office. If you do not bring a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removed magazines and refreshments from the reception area to eliminate items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
- Installed sneeze guard barriers at the front desk.
- Introduce a new oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- When testing becomes available, all team members will undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature and complete health screening of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Option for payment arrangements in advance to allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- New personal protection equipment (PPE) for our clinical team including: face shields, N95 respirator masks and gowns for doctors and team members to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Staggered appointment start times to allow for social distancing practices.
- Providing teledentistry services as appropriate for certain appointments or for follow up care.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Your Laketown Team